WE SPECIALISE IN TECHNICAL ASSESSMENTS
Strength training for sport a speciality
We get it – you’re an adult – once you know what to do, you’ll go off and do it, right? So we offer a one-off consultation to provide a technical assessment of skills central to your activity (e.g. running gait, lifting technique) and assign specific exercises to help you with a particular muscular imbalance or weakness. We can also evaluate your goal and suggest goal-specific exercises, drills and training methods for you, no matter what your sport or goal activity.
As an example, for running, we analyse a variety of technical factors, such as foot strike, posture and stride length/position. We also check supporting factors to your running, such as balance, flexibility and strength in essential areas, all of which will affect your injury risk and ability to perform.
Follow-up sessions are welcomed as needed. These will be provided at a reduced rate from initial session.
Goal-specific coaching is available for select individuals. This will provide a program that is assessed each week and support with advice and information resources, e.g. instructional videos, articles, etc.
‘Nutcrackers’ strength and power training for runners
Nutcrackers strength training for runners is small-group coaching in a gym studio environment, working on:
- Strength and muscle balance required for running and injury prevention
- Agility and power
- Customised drills / exercises for injury or health issue rehab.
This training is always intended to be complementary to your running training and race schedule (not trying to turn you into weightlifters!).
This coaching is available to different types of runners, such as:
- advanced marathon / half-marathon runners
- 10km/5km runners
- Obstacle course racers
- novice runners,
- injured runners who aren’t up to running – this would be a special ‘non-impact session’ but will still also help fit runners
Training is held at Iron Grip Gym, Mount St North Sydney.
For teams / groups
We can provide:
- Assessment of your athletes’ needs and a selection of specific exercises and drills to increase speed, power and strength for their sport
- Training supervision of your squad/team to ensure safe and sports-specific strength, speed & power training for your athletes
- Seminars/workshops that will immediately improve your athletes’ exercise technique and exercise selection
- Squad and individual strength & power assessment and programming specific to your sport
Contact email@example.com to enquire about coaching.